Here is your to-do list for the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP). You should decide to try SMEP within the first week of a new cycle. To get started, you may want to buy a nice calendar or print a calendar page from the internet. The first week of your cycle you will relax and get prepared. After that, it’s go time!
Cycle days 1-7
- CD1 is your first day of full flow
- Stock up on Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs)
- Stock up on Pregnancy Tests
- Mark start dates on your calendar:
- CD8 = BD (“Baby Dance”/have intercourse/”try”) every other day until you receive a positive OPK (+OPK)
- CD10 daily OPK tests
Cycle day 8
- BD, and plan to BD every other day until +OPK
Cycle day 10
- Start daily OPK testing until OPK turns positive
- BD today, tomorrow, and the next day.
- Skip a day and BD one more time.
- Mark test day on your calendar: +OPK day + 15 = test day
- If OPK never turns positive, BD every other day until your period (AF or “Aunt Flo/Flow”) arrives or until CD35
Test day (or CD35)
- If AF has not arrived, take a home pregnancy test
- First morning urine (FMU) does not always yield the best results, you may wish to try with your second morning urine (SMU) or an afternoon test after a 3-4 hour hold (no liquids)
- Got a BFP (big fat positive)? Share your success story!